Sunday, March 11, 2012

My first ever sewing machine

After the long thought, comparison & consideration of which sewing machine suits me best.. in terms of me as a beginner and budget wise.. I have finally decided to buy SINGER 6180 Brilliance since my sister and sister-in-law owned one too...I actually tested on it.. and it is easy to use.. and has lots more to offer to a beginner like me.. I call my sewing machine 'Brill' hehehhee... I only made up my mind last Friday.. I wanted to take the SINGER 2624 which operates mechanically and is only RM100 cheaper.. I might as well get Brill which is computerised... I can only hope that I made the right choice.. saying so because the sister and the sister-in-law are beginners too.. haha.. we don't know how good or bad this machine is yet... oh ya... it is RM1445 for Sabah and Sarawak.. and if you are in the Malaysian Peninsular it is RM1295 :)...

I also decided to learn how to sew from youtube.com and postpone on taking sewing classes because tuition fees are expensive... I'm sure I can learn it by myself... because my late Mom did it that way :) :wink:

And here it is... Brill... with her features...

-80 Built-In Stitches 
-6 Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes 
-Automatic Needle Threader 
-Adjustable Stitch Length and Width 
-Variable Needle Positions for precise top stitching 
-Automatic Tension keeps stitches balanced and even 
-Quick Start Guide included for easy 5-minute start 
-Stitch Guide tells you when and how to use built-in stitches
-Class 15 Metal Bobbins 
-Heavy Duty Metal Frame 

P/S: Above pic taken from www.singerco.uk my real Brill is not here with me yet... I am waiting for her to be delivered to me.. hehehe... they say Wednesday.. I can't wait.. 



No comments: